physical education class rules & SYLLABUS
- Be on time!
- Wear the proper athletic footwear (running, tennis or basketball sneakers)
- Wear PE Uniform to EVERY class! (MUST BE EQUALITY shorts, t-shirt, hoody or sweat pants)
- Store Location: Flynn O’Hara – 136 Westchester Square, Bronx, NY
- PE uniform CANNOT go over school uniform (dress pants and dress shirt) !!!
- No jewelry! (watches, necklaces, hoop earrings, rings etc…)
- No food/drinks or GUM in the gymnasium!
- Go to bathroom BEFORE class begins OR ask teacher permission during class, take and sign the pass. ONLY USE FOR EMERGENCY!
- Always participate with effort and seriousness in all activities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the process, lesson or activity.
- Demonstrate proper movement skills, maintain physical fitness, increase knowledge of the importance of physical fitness and wellness concepts, and the effects of exercise on the body.
- Develop new skills and refine existing skill of each sport, and improve the optimal skill development in each activity.
- Understand and increase scholar’s knowledge of the rules, rituals, scoring procedures, rotations, history of sport, tactics and strategy of each activity.
- Scholar recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, social interaction, and become physically active in their community.
- Adhere to the rules or instructions of the lesson or activity.
- Display honesty during the lesson or activity.
- Allow equal opportunity for others to participate.
- Lookout for the safety of others.
- Avoid careless risks.
- Show an awareness of your body and those around you.
- Listen when it is time to listen (to the teacher or classmates).
- Cooperate with the teacher and classmates. Display good sportsmanship.
- Do not distract from the learning of others.
- Be polite, respectful and encouraging to your classmates and teachers.
- Obscene language, gestures, harassment or disrespect will not be allowed.
- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- Experience positive social relationship through participation in group activities, and exemplify the spirit of fair play, teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Students demonstrate empathy, understanding, and respect for the numerous differences exhibited by people in an activity setting.